Charlie Sheen Sues National Enquirer Over Corey Haim Sexual Assault Accusations

Charlie Sheen watches Meghan Trainor perform on NBC's "Today" show at Rockefeller Plaza on Tuesday, June 21, 2016, in New York. (Photo by Charles Sykes/Invision/AP)

Actor Charlie Sheen filed a lawsuit against National Enquirer and its parent company, American Media, along with chief content officer, Dylan Howard, and former actor Dominick Brascia, after the tabloid published a story that reportedly insinuated he sexually assaulted a then-teenager Corey Haim on the set of a 1980s film.

Sheen, 52, said that allegations that bit part actor Brascia made against him were offensive and malicious, according to People. Sheen allegedly said that the accusations were particularly repulsive since he has children of his own who are around the same age the late Haim was when they filmed the 1986 movie, Lucas, together.

As CrimeOnline previously reported, Brascia told the Enquirer that while on the set of Lucas, an older Charlie Sheen, then 21, had sex with 13-year-old Haim.

“Haim told me he had sex with Sheen when they filmed Lucas. He told me they smoked pot and had sex. He said they had anal sex. Haim said after it happened Sheen became very cold and rejected him. When Corey wanted to fool around again, Charlie was not interested.”

 

Brascia also claimed that Sheen and Haim “hooked up” again years later, when Haim was in his 20s.

“Haim told me he had sex with Sheen again,” Brascia reportedly told The Enquirer. “He claimed he didn’t like it and was finally over Sheen. He said Charlie was a loser.”

Sheen’s attorney, Shane Bernard, filed the complaint on Friday at the L.A. County Superior Court. According to the lawyer, the Enquirer ran the story due to a “personal vendetta” against Sheen.

“[T]he editor of National Enquirer, Defendant Dylan Howard, is running the story against Mr. Sheen because of a personal vendetta that arose after he was unable to be the first to break the story that Mr. Sheen was HIV positive. We look forward to litigating against Charlie Sheen, and can’t wait to expose his depravities in a court of law.”

Last month, Haim’s mother, Judy, appeared on the Dr. Oz show, and sided with Sheen, saying that her son was “transparent” and would have told her if Sheen touched him inappropriately.

“My kid hid nothing, he was like… transparent.  He never hid anything, it’s out of character, that’s number one. When my son was 13 he’s not going to go and ask Charlie Sheen to go and sleep with him.”

Judy then described an incident that allegedly occurred with Brascia himself when Haim was just 14. She said she walked into Brascia’s apartment, where he had Haim pinned down, refusing to let him up until she threatened him with a pool stick. She indicated Haim later told her that Brascia did indeed sexually assault him on another occasion. Although it’s unclear exactly what transpired, Judy said it was not “full on rape,” something Dr. Oz said was arguable, depending on who you ask.

Reps for the defendants have yet to comment on the lawsuit. Check back with CrimeOnline as additional details become available.

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*